Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I get dressed

It took three PHRI staff several persistent hours, but I finally have an acceptable wardrobe. They inform me early on in the day that I'm going to need to let go of my moody San Francisco tendency towards black. In India, the brighter the better. The only thing holding back the sequins is the sheer weight of a million of them attached to 5 meters of sari fabric. I finish the day with outfits in several fantastic technicolors. As the experts were draping me in my turquoise sari my only concern was finding an occasion suitable to wear such a glamorous outfit. Fortunately, the sari store owner is getting married, and I'm invited.

1 comment:

Debbie Daniel said...

Dear Sarah,
What a beautifully written blog. I am so glad that your dad has shared it with me. You look gorgeous in this turquoise sari.
Debbie Daniel